Sunday, October 9, 2011

How Long Should It Take To Lose the Baby Weight?

  I spent some time today trying on pre-pregnancy jeans. I ended up with three pairs that fit pretty well, two pairs that almost fit and were worth keeping around, and three pairs of "no way in hell am I ever getting into these again." (At least one pair of that last group were pre-first pregnancy.)

  Those results were a lot better than I expected, though I still have some weight left to lose, and not a lot of time to do it. Statistics show if a woman doesn't lose her baby weight within the first year, she has a 78% chance of never losing it. (No, not really, I just made that up. Sounds pretty plausible, doesn't it? That's why you shouldn't believe everything you read on the internet. But I digress.)

 So let's see: I have nine pounds left to lose and my baby turns one on October 17...nope, not going to make it. But I am starting a new exercise program this week. Of course, this is about the third new exercise program I've started in the last year, none of which lasted more than a week. But this time I have a more realistic workout schedule, and with a single digit goal and the incentive of pants that fit, I think this time I'll stick to it.

Now, if I can just face the Wii Fit after my long absence...

1 comment: